Monday, August 5, 2013

Motivation Monday - My goals for August

I knowAugust has already started but today is also the first day of a three weeks long vacation for me. I was looking at my goals for July, perhaps I should have done that more often during July as well.


  1. Order muster rolls for Andrew Richardson from the Wisconsin Veteran Museum. (15 minutes) 
  2. Do the DNA test. (15 minutes) 
  3. Write minimum three blogposts a week. (+ research about 20 hours work). 
  4. Spend at least 5 hours to organize my digital documents.
  5. Register headstones at Fleninge Cemetery at http://www.genealogi.se/gravproj/Gravsoklist.php


1: No
2: No
3: Yes
4: Well, I bought a new computer so that meant I had to spent a lot of time organizing all my genealogy moving it from the old one to the new one.
5: No

I have spent most of my genealogy time this month doing research in Sweden for a friend. It has been (and is still, Im not done yet) very interesting. It is nice to look into other databases than I normally do, look into other parishes and cities that I am not all familiar with. New mysteries to solve with minimum of clues. And then putting it together in a nice format for presentation which I usually don't do with my own stuff. I want to do research but this time I have been pushed out of my comfort zone (popular expression right) and work a little more with design. I use Swift Publisher for mac (I have had it for a while) and watching their youtube-presentations on how to really use the program was a motivator by itself. Since I work at a newspaper I am familiar with the Adobe CS package but at IT you don't exactly use it at a daily basis.

Something else I found very interesting was listening at the latest episode (158) of Genealogy Gems Podcast with Lisa Louise Cooke. She talked to the producer of the American Who Do You Think You Are? show and it was cool to hear about how they put those episodes together.

So, goals for vacation and August (Pretty much July Copy - Paste)


  1. Order muster rolls for Andrew Richardson from the Wisconsin Veteran Museum. (15 minutes) 
  2. Do the DNA test. (15 minutes) 
  3. Finish the research from my friend 
  4. Register headstones at Fleninge Cemetery at http://www.genealogi.se/gravproj/Gravsoklist.php
Besides that Im invited to a family reunion that I am really looking forward to. I am also sure I will be able to come up with a couple of interesting blogposts in a couple of weeks. With vacation I hope I will have some more time to keep up with genealogy news and discover more interesting genealogy blogs.




No comments:

Post a Comment